Old school tombstone kickboards?

When I was a kid, we had hard, very buoyant tombstone kickboards. My favorites wore down to be very smooth and thye had white writing on them. They were larger than the firm ones they seem to offer at Kiefer etc. now. Does anyone know if they still make these, and where I might get one? If you don't know where to get one, you can just feel the nostalgia with me...
Parents
  • . Does anyone know what they were made of? A different kind of foam or something else? I hate the foam most are made of these days :cane: The old school ocean boards may have been a phenolic resin foam that gets very hard (I'm not at all sure of this), as is used for hard board type roofing insulation. The newer boards seem to be EVA foam - Ethylene vinyl acetate foam and more flexible. The wonders of modern organic chemistry - I wouldn't eat either of them. :)
  • . Does anyone know what they were made of? A different kind of foam or something else? I hate the foam most are made of these days :cane: The old school ocean boards may have been a phenolic resin foam that gets very hard (I'm not at all sure of this), as is used for hard board type roofing insulation. The newer boards seem to be EVA foam - Ethylene vinyl acetate foam and more flexible. The wonders of modern organic chemistry - I wouldn't eat either of them. :)
Children
No Data