Neck soreness from kick sets?

Former Member
Former Member
My neck gets super sore from doing lots of kick sets. Any advice on how to avoid that? Thanks!
Parents
  • The neck issue is definatly from using a kick board. While I do some with a board my best is this: Kick flutter on your back. Get your arms hand over hand and your elbows as close together as you can. This will allow you to cradle your head and completely relax your neck. Breathing will also be easier. Remember to use a shallow high frequency kick and not over bend your knees. Loose ankles are a must and think of each leg as a whip with the toes being the tip and just breaking the surface each kick. Head back and hips up will get you a great streamline also.
  • The neck issue is definatly from using a kick board. While I do some with a board my best is this: Kick flutter on your back. Get your arms hand over hand and your elbows as close together as you can. This will allow you to cradle your head and completely relax your neck. Breathing will also be easier. Remember to use a shallow high frequency kick and not over bend your knees. Loose ankles are a must and think of each leg as a whip with the toes being the tip and just breaking the surface each kick. Head back and hips up will get you a great streamline also.
Children
No Data