No Gaines, No 25m breasts or fly races in Florida!

Former Member
Former Member
I am 59 and was just ready to swim at the Gaines. Did some triathlons years ago, but I am a sprinter. I'm new to competitive swimming, having left 60m and 100m track. I'm looking everywhere for other master's 25m events. None to be found? Are there any that anyone knows of? Am I going to be left only to choose 50m events!? Any feedback would be appreciated. RB
Parents
  • In the midwest - almost no 25's that we have found at local meets. This would need twice that amount of touch pads for finish times. Correction: either twice the number of touch pads; or twice the number of starting blocks. George Mason (Fairfax, VA) runs 25y sprints at their annual Sprint Classic. They start from blocks on the bulkhead at the turn end of the pool (i.e. they finish at the same wall as standard events, so touch pads are only needed at one end). Meet info (Oct 30): patriotmasters.org/SprintClassic.htm Jeff
  • In the midwest - almost no 25's that we have found at local meets. This would need twice that amount of touch pads for finish times. Correction: either twice the number of touch pads; or twice the number of starting blocks. George Mason (Fairfax, VA) runs 25y sprints at their annual Sprint Classic. They start from blocks on the bulkhead at the turn end of the pool (i.e. they finish at the same wall as standard events, so touch pads are only needed at one end). Meet info (Oct 30): patriotmasters.org/SprintClassic.htm Jeff
Children
No Data