Camera for underwater video recording of swimming (in pool)

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, What would you recommend for a simple setup for shooting swimming underwater in a pool. I guess I would need a camera (maybe GoPro) with wifi so that I can see what I'm shooting when I submerge it and a stick to hold the camera? I don't even have a digital camera (except the one on my phone) cause I'm really not into the whole shooting thing, but I would love to be able to shoot myself and others to analyze our swimming technique. Nothing fancy - just something that has a clear enough picture to analyze our basic technique - we have no goals for Tokyo 2020, so to speak :)
Parents
  • I have a Fuji XP that I bought at Costco for under $150. For underwater use, I bought an inexpensive camera mount: www.intova.net/.../ I attached the camera mount to a PVC pipe, so my husband can film me underwater comfortably while standing up on deck. When he's not around, I use rubber coated wire "Gear Ties" I bought at Home Depot to fasten the PVC pipe to the pool ladder or railing. After shooting several clips of video, I will remove the camera from the mount for viewing, so I can evaluate my stroke. Unfortunately, the screen is small, so I give a second look to the videos on my wide screen computer monitor at home. Amazon has several camera mounts listed that work with GoPro cameras and can be used underwater; however, there are some universal mounts available that work with any camera. For now, I am going to stick with my inexpensive set-up, because although a bit funky, it works for me!
  • I have a Fuji XP that I bought at Costco for under $150. For underwater use, I bought an inexpensive camera mount: www.intova.net/.../ I attached the camera mount to a PVC pipe, so my husband can film me underwater comfortably while standing up on deck. When he's not around, I use rubber coated wire "Gear Ties" I bought at Home Depot to fasten the PVC pipe to the pool ladder or railing. After shooting several clips of video, I will remove the camera from the mount for viewing, so I can evaluate my stroke. Unfortunately, the screen is small, so I give a second look to the videos on my wide screen computer monitor at home. Amazon has several camera mounts listed that work with GoPro cameras and can be used underwater; however, there are some universal mounts available that work with any camera. For now, I am going to stick with my inexpensive set-up, because although a bit funky, it works for me!
Children
No Data