Bags for swimming stuff

Former Member
Former Member
I want to know what type of bag people use to carry their stuff to the pool. For a long time I had a Kiefer mesh bag that was great. It finally after 8 years was too ripped to carry anything. I bough ta Try mesh bag and it lasted maybe 4 months ( I hate Try products.). I tried using a draw bag I got when I started grad school. I tis too small. I am using a North Face book bag right now and it is too heavy. Because my Y doesn't offer over night lockers, I have to carry all my equipment with me everyday. Please help. I don't want to spend a lot of money and have a bag I can't use. Thanks, Craig
  • For my equipment, I have been using my Nike mesh bag that used to be a Go the Distance prize. It has lasted me 5 years and counting. For my suit, towels, shampoo, etc., I carry a Speedo backpack.
  • I use this for my swim gear: www.swimoutlet.com/.../ and a Nike / USMS duffel bag for my dry gear.
  • I guess I would be classed as a "minimalist" these days. My gear consists of a jammer, some Swedes and a padlock. If I feel like pulling, I grab a buoy from the shelf at the pool. I don't use paddles, snorkels, or other "toys," so my knapsack or a plastic shopping bag work just fine... :)
  • I'm currently on my second Speedo backpack. Lots of room, several compartments, and quite durable.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    No towel?
  • Nope. I swim at the local YMCA these days, and just grab a couple off the counter on my way in.
  • I guess I would be classed as a "minimalist" these days. My gear consists of a jammer, some Swedes and a padlock. If I feel like pulling, I grab a buoy from the shelf at the pool. I don't use paddles, snorkels, or other "toys," so my knapsack or a plastic shopping bag work just fine... :) I use a small bag too. People on my team say its a murse. Big enough for goggles, paddles, a brush and deodorant. I attach a combo lock to the handle and lock my suit to the outside of the bag so it is dry for the next workout.
  • A currently have a large Speedo backpack for my 'dry' gear: after-practice clothes, dry towel, spare jammers, wallet, keys, phone, notebook, etc., and a large mesh bag for my 'wet' training gear (goggles, fins, paddles, pull buoy, ankle bands & snorkel). I used a Christmas gift card from my kids to get the Speedo backpack. The mesh bag was relatively inexpensive, about $10-$15. Previously, i just used a large gym duffel bag. That worked OK too.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    My Y doesn't have towel service. It is basically inner city and tries to keep cheap. Funny thing is htat few if any neighborhood people are members.
  • I have a large speedo duffel which I like, but it weighs a ton. The only equipment I bring (other than cap, goggles, towel and change of clothes if I am going after work) is a pull buoy. I'm not sure why it weighs so much but I'm thinking of getting a backpack since that would probably be better for my shoulders than a super heavy duffel, especially since I have a bit of a walk from the car to the locker room.