Where to swim indoors in Amsterdam

Hi, Can anyone recommend indoor lap pools in Amsterdam? Ideally close to Amstel station area. Thanks in advance.
  • Thank you. They require a swim diploma. I wobder my usms card would suffice.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I found this when looking for a fairly recent trip, but didn't make it. Zuierbad looks like it might be the more central. It looks like they keep the water a bit warm (deliberately) but they do offer a nudist evening, on the plus side. www.iamsterdam.com/.../swimming-pools http://hetmarnix.nl/ looks like the best option for centrality and actual swimming facilities.
  • Former Member
    Hi, I'm not in Amsterdam myself but I do speak Dutch and have done a google search on your behalf. Perhaps you'll be able to find a good pool on this website, which is in Dutch but lists hotels with pools: www.zwembad-amsterdam.nl/.../ you might google translate and contact them to see whether it might be to your liking. Most Dutch people speak and write English very well, and this goes double for the hospitality industry. Public pools in Amsterdam: www.zwembad-amsterdam.nl/ Health clubs like David Lloyds can have pools - though this one is only 20m - perhaps you can find out whether these pools are crowded at night time. Good luck!
  • Former Member
    Many thanks Ryn. I will contact the clubs mentioned to gather information. Thanks again !
  • Former Member
    Hi, Did you eventually find a place to swim in amsterdam?? I have the same problem for lap swimming. I have been living in Paris for years and I am quite aware of that problem for swimming. Every day a different place, no membership, crowded and in general people are “not swimmers”. Therefore, impossible to swim 400m in 4min 30”. I could never finish the first lap. When living in France I made an Excel table with the time tables day by day to see which pool is open. Furthermore, in Paris the pools were crowded. It happened to me that after travelling during 1 hour to reach one of the clubs, I found myself swimming with 5 to 8 people in the same lane, and VERY slowly. To sum up: Frustrating Do you know, in Amsterdam any “Private” Swimming Club where I can pay a monthly fee, and swim every day in the same pool? I usually swim 4000m per day and I use to do laps 100m in 58-59 seconds. Do you think it will be possible?. I have a job offer in Amsterdam, but honestly speaking I am considering rejecting it because of my “swimmer life”. Do you think it would it be possible to swim in a private club with 2 or 3 people in the lane between 19 to 23, or it is just utopic? (even if it is expensive) I have found some club names: De Dolfijn, Oceanus, De Otters Het Gooi, Zpch and Kon AZ 1870. Do you know any of them? I will have to buy a car I guess SOS Please help he he !! Many thanks!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Hi there, i'm also will be in Amsterdam this month after i found a good cheap flights to Amsterdam from London. i was looking for a good indoors pools there. so, many thanks Ryn your information will help me a lot.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Hi, Thank you very much Ryn, after i found a really cheap flights to Amsterdam from London and a good hotel deal, so i will be there for the new year holiday and was searching for close indoors pool in Amsterdam and your information helped me a lot. i will contact themas soon as i arrive there.