Should a Masters Team Have Coaching?

Hello, I've been swimming on my own about a year. I recently joined masters swimming because it sounded like a great way to improve skills, meet others who enjoy swimming and have fun! But I have a question as far as the club I joined. I've been to 3 practices so far. You just pick a workout sheet from a stack and work on your own. There is no coach and no plans to get one. It isn't at all what I expected. The coach listed on the USMS website isn't at the club. Is this normal? I'm driving over 90 minutes to get to practice and could work out on my own closer for free. Any advice? Should I look for a new program? Thanks, Stef
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I have swam with a coach that gave out work outs then worked only with the star IM swimmer. She never once talked to anyone in my lane. Everyone paid $40.00 per month. I stopped going. Where I swim now there is a team that meets at 6:30 in the morning. Way too early. Coaches are very important if they do their job.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I have swam with a coach that gave out work outs then worked only with the star IM swimmer. She never once talked to anyone in my lane. Everyone paid $40.00 per month. I stopped going. Where I swim now there is a team that meets at 6:30 in the morning. Way too early. Coaches are very important if they do their job.
Children
No Data