Should a Masters Team Have Coaching?

Hello, I've been swimming on my own about a year. I recently joined masters swimming because it sounded like a great way to improve skills, meet others who enjoy swimming and have fun! But I have a question as far as the club I joined. I've been to 3 practices so far. You just pick a workout sheet from a stack and work on your own. There is no coach and no plans to get one. It isn't at all what I expected. The coach listed on the USMS website isn't at the club. Is this normal? I'm driving over 90 minutes to get to practice and could work out on my own closer for free. Any advice? Should I look for a new program? Thanks, Stef
Parents
  • Contact Donna Hooe, rdhooe1@juno.com. She is the Georgia Masters coaches chair and is based out of Savannah. She can give you the lay of the land for that area so you can better understand your options.
  • Contact Donna Hooe, rdhooe1@juno.com. She is the Georgia Masters coaches chair and is based out of Savannah. She can give you the lay of the land for that area so you can better understand your options.
Children
No Data