Are you experiencing muscle loss? I want to interview you!

Hi, my name is Gretchen Sanders, and I write for SWIMMER Magazine. I am working on an article about muscle loss in aging athletes for my next assignment, and I need some help finding sources. I would like to interview a few masters swimmers, male or female, who have noticed a decrease in their physical strength and are thus doing weight lifting/strength training exercises to supplement their swim workouts. Ideally you will be close to age 50 or older. I can interview you by phone at your convenience between now and August 10. I promise it won't take long! Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it. Email me at rex757@yahoo.com Gretchen
Parents
  • I think you hit the nail on the head Jim! Weights for older Masters can add strength or maintain strength but may not make a difference in swimming fast or faster. Doing USRPT type training, and doing it properly, to failure (or neural fatigue), will give you all the strength you need.
  • I think you hit the nail on the head Jim! Weights for older Masters can add strength or maintain strength but may not make a difference in swimming fast or faster. Doing USRPT type training, and doing it properly, to failure (or neural fatigue), will give you all the strength you need.
Children
No Data