Bra for worn out suits

Former Member
Former Member
I have a graveyard of suits like look fairly new, yet the chest area is stretched out enough that it doesn't look very attractive. The suits do not have built in support bras. Has anyone found a bra that can be worn under suits like this? I purchased a few sports bras but after a few workouts in the pool, they are all stretched out and useless.
  • This is one of those threads that I think would work better with pictures. Dan
  • I have one that I purchased at Target that I have worn under stretched out or odd-fitting suits to get more usefulness out of them. It's a newer style that has adjustable straps in the back. I find that if I buy sports bras that are on the snug side to begin with that I don't run into the issue of them getting stretched out as quickly. I think the suggestion (see Bobinator above) of buying a sports bra like two piece swim suit top is a great idea - I've thought about doing that but I'm usually too cheap to do anything other than a $9.99 Walmart sports bra if I know it's going to go under my swim suit.
  • Speedo's website offers separate 2 piece tops and bottoms. I presume these 2 piece suits are made out of the same material as their regular suits. I would rinse your bra top thoroughly in cold water after each use to make sure the chlorine is out..
  • Hey renie, Dolfin Uglies makes some inexpensive 2 piece suits. I have one that I wear off and on and it's a couple years old. I always rinse it in cold water after workout and they seem to last forever. The wild prints might not match your suit, but who really cares.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thanks for the suggestion, bobinator, never thought of that! Jsroberts, I'll check Target too.
  • Former Member
    I wear Dolphin suits - they fit well and last longer. I will order a 2 piece! Thanks again!
  • Former Member
    Note that you can sometimes order just the tops from SwimOutlet.com. On their site, select "Women" then "Competition Swimwear" then check the box in the left-hand column for Two-Piece suits, then sort that list by price (lowest to highest). Some of the tops will appear toward the top of the list.
  • Former Member
    Thanks, Jayhawk!