US Master Records faster than FINA World Records

Former Member
Former Member
I was looking at the US LCM records for 35-39 Mens vs the Fina World Records and noticed. That the US records were faster than the World Records for 200 back, 200 IM, and 400 IM all set by Ron Karnaugh. How is this possible?
Parents
  • I was looking at the US LCM records for 35-39 Mens vs the Fina World Records and noticed. That the US records were faster than the World Records for 200 back, 200 IM, and 400 IM all set by Ron Karnaugh. How is this possible? One possibility: FINA does not recognize some meets that USMS does, specifically USA-S meets. Another possibility: at one point (no longer) FINA had deadlines for world record application submissions while USMS did not. So the paperwork might have been filled out after the FINA deadline and still been acceptable to USMS.
  • I was looking at the US LCM records for 35-39 Mens vs the Fina World Records and noticed. That the US records were faster than the World Records for 200 back, 200 IM, and 400 IM all set by Ron Karnaugh. How is this possible? One possibility: FINA does not recognize some meets that USMS does, specifically USA-S meets. Another possibility: at one point (no longer) FINA had deadlines for world record application submissions while USMS did not. So the paperwork might have been filled out after the FINA deadline and still been acceptable to USMS.
Children
No Data