Coming Up With Swimming Sets

Former Member
Former Member
I've been helping out with coaching a local team this summer and have recently exhausted most of my ideas for coming up with sets. I swim by myself in addition to this, and usually follow a similar structure to what I have planned out for coaching just for simplicity's sake. As a coach, how do you come up with sets? Or, as a swimmer, how do you make sets for yourself? Also, as a side question are there any big databases for swim sets or swim set generators?
Parents
  • If you are not providing frequent, specific feedback to the kids, you are not coaching, you are baby-sitting. You are my hero for today. A basic practice template is something like this: 400-800 yards of warm-up/get-focused, 600-1000 yards of technique (stroke of the day), 20-40 minutes of conditioning in every practice, 15-30 minutes of race pace 25s/50s/100s, warm-down. With some variation this is 1.5 hours of swimming. This is generic and a place to start. If only all coaches could be so sensible. I bet your team rocks!
  • If you are not providing frequent, specific feedback to the kids, you are not coaching, you are baby-sitting. You are my hero for today. A basic practice template is something like this: 400-800 yards of warm-up/get-focused, 600-1000 yards of technique (stroke of the day), 20-40 minutes of conditioning in every practice, 15-30 minutes of race pace 25s/50s/100s, warm-down. With some variation this is 1.5 hours of swimming. This is generic and a place to start. If only all coaches could be so sensible. I bet your team rocks!
Children
No Data