Coming Up With Swimming Sets

Former Member
Former Member
I've been helping out with coaching a local team this summer and have recently exhausted most of my ideas for coming up with sets. I swim by myself in addition to this, and usually follow a similar structure to what I have planned out for coaching just for simplicity's sake. As a coach, how do you come up with sets? Or, as a swimmer, how do you make sets for yourself? Also, as a side question are there any big databases for swim sets or swim set generators?
Parents
  • If you are a USMS member, the workouts section of the forums is very good. If you aren't, it is probably worth the cost of membership. Many members post their workout to their blogs, which is another good source of inspiration. Here is a link to 50 good simple workouts: www.ruthkazez.com/50swimworkouts.html and the even simpler "Lunchtime swim workouts" www.ruthkazez.com/LunchSwims.html I know it sounds corny, but I find that coming up with a workout is a lot simpler if I ask myself the question, "What do I want to accomplish in the is workout?"
  • If you are a USMS member, the workouts section of the forums is very good. If you aren't, it is probably worth the cost of membership. Many members post their workout to their blogs, which is another good source of inspiration. Here is a link to 50 good simple workouts: www.ruthkazez.com/50swimworkouts.html and the even simpler "Lunchtime swim workouts" www.ruthkazez.com/LunchSwims.html I know it sounds corny, but I find that coming up with a workout is a lot simpler if I ask myself the question, "What do I want to accomplish in the is workout?"
Children
No Data