Plantar fasciitis and swimming

Swimming is supposed to be a good exercise for people with plantar fasciitis, in that it won't inflame the problem, but I'm starting to wonder if this is true for your typical Masters swimmer. For one, there are a lot of hard pushes off the wall. For another, there is swimming with fins (long fins and zoomers). Does anyone have any experience with this? I can't seem to shake my plantar fasciitis and I wonder if swimming (or at least wall-pushing and swimming with fins) is delaying recovery.
Parents
  • Jack, how the heck are you? I didn't recognize your handle, and only saw your .sig just now. You may not remember me, but I do remember you from GE CRD, BITD. I used to work with Bill Lorenson (Mr. Marching Cubes). You were the "Common Sense Coach" (or something similar) as I recall. @philoswimmer As for exacerbating your PF, you could ditch the fins and only push off with your good foot, or just take it easy on your push-offs, letting pain (or its absence) be your guide.
  • Jack, how the heck are you? I didn't recognize your handle, and only saw your .sig just now. You may not remember me, but I do remember you from GE CRD, BITD. I used to work with Bill Lorenson (Mr. Marching Cubes). You were the "Common Sense Coach" (or something similar) as I recall. @philoswimmer As for exacerbating your PF, you could ditch the fins and only push off with your good foot, or just take it easy on your push-offs, letting pain (or its absence) be your guide.
Children
No Data