New American Records By Anne Dunivin, 100-104 Age Group!

Congratulations to my teammate, (Queen!) Anne Dunivin for her three new American Records in the Women's 100-104(!!!) age group! She is the new record holder for the 200, 100, and 50 Meter Freestyle!! She rocked the pool at UGA today at the Classic City Georgia Masters Long Course Meet. :banana: :applaud: :ohyeah: I'm so proud of you, Queen Anne! 10498
  • Congrats Anne - first for continuing to swim and second for doing it so well. I'm inspired!
  • That is really awesome! Thanks for sharing :) Amazing!!!! Please give Queen Anne a hug and congratulations from me! Congrats Anne - first for continuing to swim and second for doing it so well. I'm inspired! Here's the amazing thing I didn't mention in my original post: During her 200 Meter Freestyle race, as I was waiting to cheer Anne on at the end of the pool for her final turn, Anne's daughter came running up to me and asked me to stop Anne, and make her rest before finishing the race. I replied, "Why? She's doing great! She's swimming better and faster than she was at Maryland Nationals! If she needs to rest, she will!" Sure enough, when she got to the end, she made the fastest turn and hardest push-off I have ever seen her make! I walked along as she swam her last lap, and I yelled "Go Queen Anne!!!" to her while encouraging the other swimmers to yell and clap as well. Anne is a bit hard of hearing, so she probably didn't hear any of it! When she hit the wall at the end of the race, what did she do? SHE KEPT GOING! Anne lost track of what lap she was on, and she just kept on swimming! A buddy of mine and I both jumped in the pool at the same time to get her to stop. You should have seen the smile of surprise on her face! The clincher was hearing Chief Official, Ed Saltzman crack a joke about Anne being like the "Energizer Bunny" as she set the American Record. :lmao:
  • That is really awesome! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Amazing!!!! Please give Queen Anne a hug and congratulations from me!
  • totally awesome what an inspiration!
  • That is AWESOME! Truly inspirational for most everyone, I think!
  • totally awesome what an inspiration! Oh so AMAZING!!! She is who I want to be when I grow up. That is AWESOME! Truly inspirational for most everyone, I think! I will never forget meeting Anne for the first time in 2011 at the Steve Lundquist Aquatic Center here in Georgia. (I saw her swim at 2010 Spring Nationals at Georgia Tech, but I didn't talk with her then. I had just joined USMS two months before, and it was my first Nationals. I was keeping too busy trying to meet all the Forumites I had "met" here on the Forums!) At the Lundquist pool, Anne was swimming in the next lane, so when she reached the wall, I said, "Hi! You don't know me, but I am your teammate, and I watched you swim at Nationals. You are such and inspiration, and I want to grow up to be just like you!" Anne reached across the lane line, shook my hand, and replied, "Hi. I'm ANNE, and that's Anne with an E!" Ever since then, I have been calling her "Anne-With-An-E," and I cheer her on that way, too. Nobody else gets it, though, so I decided she really should by "Queen AnnE!" Here we are at Maryland Nats: 10531
  • Oh so AMAZING!!! She is who I want to be when I grow up.
  • 1053510536 :applaud::cheerleader::bliss::ohyeah:
  • It's official! Anne was officially 100 years old on October 17th. :party2: Her birthday party was today, and she was all smiles! It was such an honor to celebrate with our beloved Queen Anne! 10762 10763