backstroke ~ bright sun protection ~ goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I swam 2000 yards backstroke yesterday, not wearing goggles, afterwards was dark red in the face and figured this wasn't good for my eyes. However, none of my 3 pair of goggles allow enough peripheral vision to see well. What kind of goggles have you found to give you the widest vision for backstroke? Might these work well? 10495 They have 180 degree vision, but still have the gasket that blocks vision. I was about to order them, then got the great idea last night to use regular sunglasses 10496and will try them next week. Let me know what goggles you feel would work best for the backstroke. I won't be doing any flip turns or diving with these.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I took my regular sunglasses 10529 to the pool today and they're great! They promptly fell off when I got in the pool, but stayed firmly in place for 2500 yards of backstroke with my swim cap on top. What a contrast from just a few days ago. The vision is full and quite comfortable. I like the metallic protection, as the sky was dark and I didn't even notice the sun. The cap protected my forehead but my cheeks got red. I'm very impressed with these and will use them from now on for the backstroke. I've ordered a pair of silver metallic Swedish goggles 10530 as well but doubt they'll be any better.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I took my regular sunglasses 10529 to the pool today and they're great! They promptly fell off when I got in the pool, but stayed firmly in place for 2500 yards of backstroke with my swim cap on top. What a contrast from just a few days ago. The vision is full and quite comfortable. I like the metallic protection, as the sky was dark and I didn't even notice the sun. The cap protected my forehead but my cheeks got red. I'm very impressed with these and will use them from now on for the backstroke. I've ordered a pair of silver metallic Swedish goggles 10530 as well but doubt they'll be any better.
Children
No Data