accessories ~ important to rinse off chlorine?

Former Member
Former Member
I've been rinsing everything, but doing this less would be easier. What items don't have to be rinsed after swimming, and will last just as long? goggles pull buoy agility paddles silicone fins snorkel
  • Of all the items you listed, I use them all except for the snorkel. But I only own goggles. I always rinse goggles with fresh water in the shower. Sometimes I wash them with soap to get built-up gunk off them. All the other items are supplied by the pool and kept in a cabinet on the pool deck. As far as I know none of them have been rinsed in years (or ever). Dan
  • At our pool, we have a shower on deck right next to the pool, in addition to the ones in the locker room. As soon as I get out of the pool, I take everything I've used in the pool that day and wash it off (along with myself) before doing my dryland exercises and yoga on deck. Then, I hit the showers... I know this doesn't answer your question, but to me, it's just as easy to wash everything off all at one time. For sure, I would ALWAYS rinse your goggles to make them last longer.
  • the goggles are yours on your eyes, they will be affected most of all without extra care. The others can take use with out too much fall off.
  • I never rinse my goggles after practice and it certainly doesn't seem to decrease their durability. However, it could be a good idea to rinse them off to reduce fogging. I don't think there's any reason to rinse paddles, especially agility paddles that don't have straps.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thanks for all the replies. Today was much easier without rinsing off everything.
  • I rinse my goggles and cap out every day after practice along with my suit. I'll rinse off the other gear in my bag thoroughly once a week with some soapy water and my garden hose and then leave it out on the back deck to dry in the sun. I do give my snorkel some extra attention and clean it with some hot soapy water and a long brush to keep the mold under control. Mark