pull buoy ~ tricks to adjust

Former Member
Former Member
The pull buoy sometimes comes out of adjustment on turns. What do you focus on to keep the pull buoy in alignment through turns? If it comes out of alignment, how do you get it back in position with the least disruption to your swim? I'm using the Finis Sr and it has a good fit.
Parents
  • I tried it yesterday at practice and I think the mechanism I'm using in my turn to readjust the buoy is actually by making a tighter tuck so that my calves and tuck force it back into place. Probably not a great form for a turn, but... The timing of the release and regrip has to good. As msswim indicated, if its too far down my legs or popping out from between them, it won't work. I haven't used a brief for a long time and it didn't occur to me that bare legs might work better.
  • I tried it yesterday at practice and I think the mechanism I'm using in my turn to readjust the buoy is actually by making a tighter tuck so that my calves and tuck force it back into place. Probably not a great form for a turn, but... The timing of the release and regrip has to good. As msswim indicated, if its too far down my legs or popping out from between them, it won't work. I haven't used a brief for a long time and it didn't occur to me that bare legs might work better.
Children
No Data