pull buoy ~ tricks to adjust

Former Member
Former Member
The pull buoy sometimes comes out of adjustment on turns. What do you focus on to keep the pull buoy in alignment through turns? If it comes out of alignment, how do you get it back in position with the least disruption to your swim? I'm using the Finis Sr and it has a good fit.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    What @Sojerz said, actually: I cannot fully describe the trick, as it's something I seem to have acquired in decades of swimming. But I usually get the slipping-down BadBoy into its reserved top-most position during the turn. I think it's exactly like @Sojerz describes: Release slightly when upside down during the turn and immediately re-grip. I also seem to remember that I will slow down the flip turn just so slightly to lengthen the slip-down time. The one thing I do know on top: If the pull buoy slips down too much on the lane, then this trick doesn't work anymore. There just doesn't seem to be enough time, if the distance between current position and desired target is too great. Only a manual adjustment by hand helps me in this case. Same if the pull buoy slips out towards the surface by too much and the grip isn't centered anymore. Releasing it on a turn then just makes it pop out. I might experiment a bit further and more consciously in my next workouts and report back.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    What @Sojerz said, actually: I cannot fully describe the trick, as it's something I seem to have acquired in decades of swimming. But I usually get the slipping-down BadBoy into its reserved top-most position during the turn. I think it's exactly like @Sojerz describes: Release slightly when upside down during the turn and immediately re-grip. I also seem to remember that I will slow down the flip turn just so slightly to lengthen the slip-down time. The one thing I do know on top: If the pull buoy slips down too much on the lane, then this trick doesn't work anymore. There just doesn't seem to be enough time, if the distance between current position and desired target is too great. Only a manual adjustment by hand helps me in this case. Same if the pull buoy slips out towards the surface by too much and the grip isn't centered anymore. Releasing it on a turn then just makes it pop out. I might experiment a bit further and more consciously in my next workouts and report back.
Children
No Data