pull buoy ~ tricks to adjust

Former Member
Former Member
The pull buoy sometimes comes out of adjustment on turns. What do you focus on to keep the pull buoy in alignment through turns? If it comes out of alignment, how do you get it back in position with the least disruption to your swim? I'm using the Finis Sr and it has a good fit.
Parents
  • I usually get a good push past the flags, and that's when the pull buoy sometimes slips, during the change of direction and push off with my legs. Twice the past month it's come completely out and bobbed to the surface. I think my legs are staying together but maybe not and I'll pay more attention to this. Thanks. Any ideas for getting it back in place when it's slightly out of position, without losing too much momentum? I haven't used a pull buoy in awhile, but ISTR that it would sometimes slip on the material of my jammer (typically Speedo Endurance or TYR's equivalent), just as @Water Rat indicated. I suspect YMMV with suit material. I (used to) do as @ForceDJ wrote, carry it as high up as possible. If I notice it start to slip, just reach down at the next turn, reach down and jam it back in place.
  • I usually get a good push past the flags, and that's when the pull buoy sometimes slips, during the change of direction and push off with my legs. Twice the past month it's come completely out and bobbed to the surface. I think my legs are staying together but maybe not and I'll pay more attention to this. Thanks. Any ideas for getting it back in place when it's slightly out of position, without losing too much momentum? I haven't used a pull buoy in awhile, but ISTR that it would sometimes slip on the material of my jammer (typically Speedo Endurance or TYR's equivalent), just as @Water Rat indicated. I suspect YMMV with suit material. I (used to) do as @ForceDJ wrote, carry it as high up as possible. If I notice it start to slip, just reach down at the next turn, reach down and jam it back in place.
Children
No Data