pull buoy ~ tricks to adjust

Former Member
Former Member
The pull buoy sometimes comes out of adjustment on turns. What do you focus on to keep the pull buoy in alignment through turns? If it comes out of alignment, how do you get it back in position with the least disruption to your swim? I'm using the Finis Sr and it has a good fit.
Parents
  • What exactly do you mean by "out of adjustment"? There are some pull buoys that are two pieces of foam held together by an adjustable strap and you can make the pieces of foam closer or farther apart. BUT, the one that you posted is a single piece of foam and not adjustable. That is the style that is available at my pool and I use. Otherwise, the only thing I can imagine you mean by 'adjustment' is where exactly you keep it between your legs. Personally, I keep it crammed up as far into my crotch as I can and it never really slips out. So I can only think that you're not keeping your legs together and you might be allowing them to spread out...and that lets the buoy slip out of place. If that's the case, you need to consentrate on keeping your legs together. Dan
  • What exactly do you mean by "out of adjustment"? There are some pull buoys that are two pieces of foam held together by an adjustable strap and you can make the pieces of foam closer or farther apart. BUT, the one that you posted is a single piece of foam and not adjustable. That is the style that is available at my pool and I use. Otherwise, the only thing I can imagine you mean by 'adjustment' is where exactly you keep it between your legs. Personally, I keep it crammed up as far into my crotch as I can and it never really slips out. So I can only think that you're not keeping your legs together and you might be allowing them to spread out...and that lets the buoy slip out of place. If that's the case, you need to consentrate on keeping your legs together. Dan
Children
No Data