2016 Spring Nationals Bloggers

Just wanted to say thank you to Stewart, PWB, Water Rat, and Fortress for sharing your experiences from nationals this past weekend. I enjoy reading your workout blogs and was rooting for you all to do well. It sounded like you all had a great time. I also swam and it's encouraging to know I'm not alone when it comes to a few butterflies before the first race, some swims with technical issues, some swims where your body just doesn't cooperate. Keep training hard, you're all an inspiration.
  • Just wanted to say thank you to Stewart, PWB, Water Rat, and Fortress for sharing your experiences from nationals this past weekend. I enjoy reading your workout blogs and was rooting for you all to do well. It sounded like you all had a great time. I also swam and it's encouraging to know I'm not alone when it comes to a few butterflies before the first race, some swims with technical issues, some swims where your body just doesn't cooperate. Keep training hard, you're all an inspiration.THANKS! thanks but i think i come up short against the 6'8" matt biondi somehow i need to grow 11 inches...soon!!!No, you don't, Steve. Whatever you might lack in relative height, you more than make up for it with the most lightning fast turns I've ever seen. However, if you do want to attempt to grow, might I suggest you do that through excessive intake of Blue Bell ;)
  • Just wanted to say thank you to Stewart, PWB, Water Rat, and Fortress for sharing your experiences from nationals this past weekend. I enjoy reading your workout blogs and was rooting for you all to do well. It sounded like you all had a great time. I also swam and it's encouraging to know I'm not alone when it comes to a few butterflies before the first race, some swims with technical issues, some swims where your body just doesn't cooperate. Keep training hard, you're all an inspiration. I believe we all motivate each other on these forums and that's what makes it fun. I can also say that my fiercest competitors are also my best friends. I don't believe there many other places or sports where these kinds of rivalries and friendships form. We all had a blast hanging out at Nationals with friends who share the common love of swimming. Like others have said we all share the butterflies and despite slowing down with age I suspect we will always have these due to the love of racing. Thanks for the post Dan.
  • dan, believe me...the butterflies can go well past the 1st race to the 5th race. especially when you have to race 2 of the 6'5" guys you listed!
  • Dan, What incredibly kind comments. Thank you Steve, Your speed knows no size limitations!
  • Just wanted to say thank you to Stewart, PWB, Water Rat, and Fortress for sharing your experiences from nationals this past weekend. I enjoy reading your workout blogs and was rooting for you all to do well. It sounded like you all had a great time. I also swam and it's encouraging to know I'm not alone when it comes to a few butterflies before the first race, some swims with technical issues, some swims where your body just doesn't cooperate. Keep training hard, you're all an inspiration. What Dan said x2. Gotta go to at least one national meet before there aren't any years left.
  • Dan, What incredibly kind comments. Thank you Steve, Your speed knows no size limitations! thanks but i think i come up short against the 6'8" matt biondi somehow i need to grow 11 inches...soon!!!
  • Yes, congratulations to everyone who competed at Nationals and I too really looked forward to reading all the insight you guys brought through your blogs. I couldn't wait to read them on Sunday night. :) Great job all. Sounds like most of your races went well. Saw some pictures on FB and wow, that place is huge! Looks like it was super crowded too. - Kari
  • THANKS! No, you don't, Steve. Whatever you might lack in relative height, you more than make up for it with the most lightning fast turns I've ever seen. However, if you do want to attempt to grow, might I suggest you do that through excessive intake of Blue Bell ;) not having any in greensboro maybe slowed me down a hair or two. i made up for that monday night! ok ok and last night too. maybe you have uncovered my top secret formula...but havent realized it yet! and as McRib said, my best of friends are my fiercest competition!