Tech Suit Trouble

I may be rehashing this subject but I'm seeking advice on how to eliminate tech suit bubbling. I have the Speedo LZR Pro suit, purchased in December 2014 for the 2015-2016 competitive swim season. The first time I wore it, the suit filled with water from the neckline and created a pocket of water in the chest/neck area. This bubble effect was created when I pushed off the walls and from a dive. I wore it at one meet and haven't competed in it since. These suits are $$$$ and I want to compete in it again but am fearful of its drag suit quality. Any suggestions ladies?
Parents
  • It sounds to me like your suit is too big. If it's not hard to get on your first couple of times (15 minutes) it's definitely too big. The first tech suit I ever bought was too big and did the bubble thing. I warmed up in it for the mile and discovered this problem. To help with it I hiked the front up excessively high and pulled it down in the back. It did alright when I dove in and worked pretty well. I only wore it that one day and then gave it to a bigger friend. For a reference point I usually practice in size 32 suits and I buy a Speedo size 25 racing suit. The sales clerk in the swim shop always recommends I size down to a 24 but I'm afraid I couldn't get it on.
  • It sounds to me like your suit is too big. If it's not hard to get on your first couple of times (15 minutes) it's definitely too big. The first tech suit I ever bought was too big and did the bubble thing. I warmed up in it for the mile and discovered this problem. To help with it I hiked the front up excessively high and pulled it down in the back. It did alright when I dove in and worked pretty well. I only wore it that one day and then gave it to a bigger friend. For a reference point I usually practice in size 32 suits and I buy a Speedo size 25 racing suit. The sales clerk in the swim shop always recommends I size down to a 24 but I'm afraid I couldn't get it on.
Children
No Data