Tech Suit Trouble

I may be rehashing this subject but I'm seeking advice on how to eliminate tech suit bubbling. I have the Speedo LZR Pro suit, purchased in December 2014 for the 2015-2016 competitive swim season. The first time I wore it, the suit filled with water from the neckline and created a pocket of water in the chest/neck area. This bubble effect was created when I pushed off the walls and from a dive. I wore it at one meet and haven't competed in it since. These suits are $$$$ and I want to compete in it again but am fearful of its drag suit quality. Any suggestions ladies?
Parents
  • I was thinking about this predicament during my swim yesterday. First off, I have to say that I've never used a tech suit, nor even held one in my hands. So, I don't know exactly what the material and construction is like. But my initial thought is that the suit doesn't fit your body properly...at least not in the water. And, as a guy who sews (I consider my sewing machine one of my power tools), I'd possibly try to make alterations to the suit so that it fits better and doesn't do what you're describing. I understand that specially developed material is used, and the suit is constructed a certain way for hydrodynamics. So I don't know if or how making an alteration would alter its effectiveness. BUT, I'm not really that great of a seamster. So, I thought that maybe a professional seamster/seamstress could do a much better job. But still...it might detract from the hydrodynamic construction qualities. Finally, I figured that maybe contacting the manufacturers technical department, perhaps customer service, or maybe their R&D department, and see what they suggest. Maybe you can send it back to them for alteration. Just my thoughts. Good luck. Dan
  • I was thinking about this predicament during my swim yesterday. First off, I have to say that I've never used a tech suit, nor even held one in my hands. So, I don't know exactly what the material and construction is like. But my initial thought is that the suit doesn't fit your body properly...at least not in the water. And, as a guy who sews (I consider my sewing machine one of my power tools), I'd possibly try to make alterations to the suit so that it fits better and doesn't do what you're describing. I understand that specially developed material is used, and the suit is constructed a certain way for hydrodynamics. So I don't know if or how making an alteration would alter its effectiveness. BUT, I'm not really that great of a seamster. So, I thought that maybe a professional seamster/seamstress could do a much better job. But still...it might detract from the hydrodynamic construction qualities. Finally, I figured that maybe contacting the manufacturers technical department, perhaps customer service, or maybe their R&D department, and see what they suggest. Maybe you can send it back to them for alteration. Just my thoughts. Good luck. Dan
Children
No Data