Shocked by 100 Yard Breaststroke Time

Former Member
Former Member
This is now my third post to this board. Today I did a self time in my pool of my 100 yard Breaststroke. First off, let me make it clear that the pool I have been working in is a strange, old one. It actually measures out to 100 feet long and has 4 lanes. All along I thought it was 25 meters long so all my workouts have been longer than I thought. When I have been swimming my 10 X 500's each set has been 2000 feet instead of 1500 feet. If you follow that example, 10 to 13 of these sets equal nearly 4 and 5 mile workouts. Tomorrow I am doing my first Masters coached workout and I am very excited about this. Now back to the 100 Breaststroke swim. I used my G Shock to time myself. Since there is no diving allowed in this pool I pushed off the wall. When I was completed and looked at my watch my time was 1:07 so I assume with a stopwatch I may have done a little better. After that, I thought to myself not bad for an almost 55 year old fart! Needless to say, I expect to only improve on this with a real coach who will work me properly and I am very excited about this. Anyway, I thought this was worthy of a post. Greg
Parents
  • So, you are in an old 33 1/3 yard pool, then? Those are fun. We trained in one occasionally in college. 1:07 for a 100 yard breaststroke is almost a Top Ten time for men in your age group (with a dive in competition)!
  • So, you are in an old 33 1/3 yard pool, then? Those are fun. We trained in one occasionally in college. 1:07 for a 100 yard breaststroke is almost a Top Ten time for men in your age group (with a dive in competition)!
Children
No Data