Opinions on Tempo Trainers?

Former Member
Former Member
Survey: Tempo Trainers Our intentions with conducting this research survey, as well as with the results of this survey, are to help us understand the design and usage of tempo trainers more. Using these results, we can also conduct a data analysis based on what respondents believe to be true about tempo trainers. Thank you. For how many years have you been swimming? Have you ever used a tempo trainer for swim practice? If so, what was convenient about the tempo trainer? What did you like about it? Did you experience any inconveniences while using the tempo trainer? If you could, what would you improve on the tempo trainer?
Parents
  • For how many years have you been swimming? 5 years with Masters. Swam middle school - college originally. Have you ever used a tempo trainer for swim practice? Yes. I got one for Christmas this year. If so, what was convenient about the tempo trainer? Several things. I've used it several different ways. One way is to set it up in mode one by dividing the time for a swim by 4. Then set the trainer to that time. So the trainer will help you pace by beeping at four points throughout the swim. I've used this mode for 100s where I set it at 19.5 seconds, and then it should beep at each turn, then I rest the 19.5 seconds, and do another 100. Another way I've used in mode 2 is to actually set the interval and go off the beep each time. This saves you the math if you want to do 100s on 1:18 for example. I've also used this mode for longer swims (like 1000) where i want to pace at a certain 100 pace. I have not tried mode 3 yet that is for stroke rate. What did you like about it? My favorite is to use mode 2 for both longer swims pacing and when doing like 10x100 on a 1:18 interval. Did you experience any inconveniences while using the tempo trainer? Not yet If you could, what would you improve on the tempo trainer? Nothing. Great little tool.
  • For how many years have you been swimming? 5 years with Masters. Swam middle school - college originally. Have you ever used a tempo trainer for swim practice? Yes. I got one for Christmas this year. If so, what was convenient about the tempo trainer? Several things. I've used it several different ways. One way is to set it up in mode one by dividing the time for a swim by 4. Then set the trainer to that time. So the trainer will help you pace by beeping at four points throughout the swim. I've used this mode for 100s where I set it at 19.5 seconds, and then it should beep at each turn, then I rest the 19.5 seconds, and do another 100. Another way I've used in mode 2 is to actually set the interval and go off the beep each time. This saves you the math if you want to do 100s on 1:18 for example. I've also used this mode for longer swims (like 1000) where i want to pace at a certain 100 pace. I have not tried mode 3 yet that is for stroke rate. What did you like about it? My favorite is to use mode 2 for both longer swims pacing and when doing like 10x100 on a 1:18 interval. Did you experience any inconveniences while using the tempo trainer? Not yet If you could, what would you improve on the tempo trainer? Nothing. Great little tool.
Children
No Data