DQ because of a backstroke finish rule- WTF?!?!

Former Member
Former Member
It was my 2nd DQ for my whole life (first if I was ten) I got disqualified last sunday on the german masters championchips because of the dumbest rule I ever heard. There is a rule you have NOT to be submerge on the finish on the backstroke. WTF is this bs.?!? This rule make no sense to me. You have no advantage. I mean you are almost always submerge, if you finished at backstroke or not??? btw I finished first with 5 second ahead
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Sorry to hear about your DQ Martin, hopefully it wasn't your best swim in your age group. Thanks. steve. The time was 2:21,00 in 200m on LCM and it was my 2nd best time for the age group and that was unshaved and not full tapered, so its a good time for the moment...(best time is 2:20,6 two years ago at my first year at the age group 35-39). But the point is how to get over it? My goal was to win every single 200m backstroke race in my age group at the nationals and this was my 3rd win in a row but will not count. Thats a reality check: you have your goals and dreams and than suddenly BOOOM...It's like a BANG. I heard of this rule before the race, but didnt think about that much.... I mean you can't just go through every aspects in your race that could going wrong... I have to trust in my instinct. And the instinct is to get quick on the wall with my hand and not think about beeing underwater or to have my toes above the surface... Its a stupid rule, but I have to learn from this to move forward.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Sorry to hear about your DQ Martin, hopefully it wasn't your best swim in your age group. Thanks. steve. The time was 2:21,00 in 200m on LCM and it was my 2nd best time for the age group and that was unshaved and not full tapered, so its a good time for the moment...(best time is 2:20,6 two years ago at my first year at the age group 35-39). But the point is how to get over it? My goal was to win every single 200m backstroke race in my age group at the nationals and this was my 3rd win in a row but will not count. Thats a reality check: you have your goals and dreams and than suddenly BOOOM...It's like a BANG. I heard of this rule before the race, but didnt think about that much.... I mean you can't just go through every aspects in your race that could going wrong... I have to trust in my instinct. And the instinct is to get quick on the wall with my hand and not think about beeing underwater or to have my toes above the surface... Its a stupid rule, but I have to learn from this to move forward.
Children
No Data