DQ because of a backstroke finish rule- WTF?!?!

Former Member
Former Member
It was my 2nd DQ for my whole life (first if I was ten) I got disqualified last sunday on the german masters championchips because of the dumbest rule I ever heard. There is a rule you have NOT to be submerge on the finish on the backstroke. WTF is this bs.?!? This rule make no sense to me. You have no advantage. I mean you are almost always submerge, if you finished at backstroke or not??? btw I finished first with 5 second ahead
Parents
  • Martin, you can look back as you approach the wall and still be legal under the current backstroke rules. You can do a lunge finish and still be legal under the current backstroke rules. I'm a Swimming Australia official. At the first major event in my state after the introduction of the new rules, many swimmers were disqualified. By the next major event (a couple of weeks later), coaches had taught swimmers to either stick a toe up as they finished, and/or roll slightly on their side so their armpit was out of the water.
  • Martin, you can look back as you approach the wall and still be legal under the current backstroke rules. You can do a lunge finish and still be legal under the current backstroke rules. I'm a Swimming Australia official. At the first major event in my state after the introduction of the new rules, many swimmers were disqualified. By the next major event (a couple of weeks later), coaches had taught swimmers to either stick a toe up as they finished, and/or roll slightly on their side so their armpit was out of the water.
Children
No Data