DQ because of a backstroke finish rule- WTF?!?!

Former Member
Former Member
It was my 2nd DQ for my whole life (first if I was ten) I got disqualified last sunday on the german masters championchips because of the dumbest rule I ever heard. There is a rule you have NOT to be submerge on the finish on the backstroke. WTF is this bs.?!? This rule make no sense to me. You have no advantage. I mean you are almost always submerge, if you finished at backstroke or not??? btw I finished first with 5 second ahead
Parents
  • that rule has been around at least 1 full year. "Some part of the swimmer must break the surface of the water throughout the race, except it is permissible for the swimmer to be completely submerged during the turn and for a distance of not more than 15 meters (16.4 yards) after the start and after each turn." has been in the USMS/USA-S rule books since 2014. Prior to 2014 you could resubmerge at the finish. I assume the German federation introduced a similar rule then as well. btw you still finished first... congratulations!
  • that rule has been around at least 1 full year. "Some part of the swimmer must break the surface of the water throughout the race, except it is permissible for the swimmer to be completely submerged during the turn and for a distance of not more than 15 meters (16.4 yards) after the start and after each turn." has been in the USMS/USA-S rule books since 2014. Prior to 2014 you could resubmerge at the finish. I assume the German federation introduced a similar rule then as well. btw you still finished first... congratulations!
Children
No Data