Kicking without the kick board

Former Member
Former Member
How important are kick boards? Can I ditch my kick board and just use a snorkel so I can put my head down and breathe or is there a benefit that kick boards offer that I wouldn't get if I did ditch the kick board? It gives me such a headache.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I am a breaststroker and my knees don't like kicking br on my back either... :) I do different things for different reasons: Kicking on my back helps me focus on keeping the extension from my torso to upper legs (not tucking the knees in) and to stretch out the thighs. Kicking without a float on the front is good for working feel and distance per kick. Kicking with a float I find good for 'training' reps - the board creates some resistance and I do a lot more kicks than I would without
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I am a breaststroker and my knees don't like kicking br on my back either... :) I do different things for different reasons: Kicking on my back helps me focus on keeping the extension from my torso to upper legs (not tucking the knees in) and to stretch out the thighs. Kicking without a float on the front is good for working feel and distance per kick. Kicking with a float I find good for 'training' reps - the board creates some resistance and I do a lot more kicks than I would without
Children
No Data