Kicking without the kick board

Former Member
Former Member
How important are kick boards? Can I ditch my kick board and just use a snorkel so I can put my head down and breathe or is there a benefit that kick boards offer that I wouldn't get if I did ditch the kick board? It gives me such a headache.
Parents
  • Have you tried breaststroke kicking on your back? Yes. when I kick without a board I kick breaststroke on my back. I believe kicking breaststroke on a board simulates the kick better than on your back without one, because the body's movement trough the water is different (possibly because the butt and knees are moving in opposite directions when you are on your stomach versus back)
  • Have you tried breaststroke kicking on your back? Yes. when I kick without a board I kick breaststroke on my back. I believe kicking breaststroke on a board simulates the kick better than on your back without one, because the body's movement trough the water is different (possibly because the butt and knees are moving in opposite directions when you are on your stomach versus back)
Children
No Data