Kicking without the kick board

Former Member
Former Member
How important are kick boards? Can I ditch my kick board and just use a snorkel so I can put my head down and breathe or is there a benefit that kick boards offer that I wouldn't get if I did ditch the kick board? It gives me such a headache.
Parents
  • Besides - it's hard to do a front or back flip turn with a board. A little off the topic of this post but I just learned a drill recently designed to teach kids to do a proper flip turn by holding a kick board in each hand behind them, kicking into the wall and doing their flip turn. Teaches them to keep their arms up and not moving while flipping. I bet this technique could be applied to create a fairly smooth turn with the board. But I agree, I'd rather just open turn with a board.
  • Besides - it's hard to do a front or back flip turn with a board. A little off the topic of this post but I just learned a drill recently designed to teach kids to do a proper flip turn by holding a kick board in each hand behind them, kicking into the wall and doing their flip turn. Teaches them to keep their arms up and not moving while flipping. I bet this technique could be applied to create a fairly smooth turn with the board. But I agree, I'd rather just open turn with a board.
Children
No Data