Kicking without the kick board

Former Member
Former Member
How important are kick boards? Can I ditch my kick board and just use a snorkel so I can put my head down and breathe or is there a benefit that kick boards offer that I wouldn't get if I did ditch the kick board? It gives me such a headache.
Parents
  • I gave up kickboards a couple years ago. I've been nursing a sore shoulder for awhile. Kickboards just put needless strain on my shoulder. Besides, when kicking without a board, you can focus on body position, break into a drill, kick on your back, side or front, do all sorts of things you can't do with a board. I actually like kicking on my back with my arms up (elbows or higher out of the water).
  • I gave up kickboards a couple years ago. I've been nursing a sore shoulder for awhile. Kickboards just put needless strain on my shoulder. Besides, when kicking without a board, you can focus on body position, break into a drill, kick on your back, side or front, do all sorts of things you can't do with a board. I actually like kicking on my back with my arms up (elbows or higher out of the water).
Children
No Data