Entries for European Masters in London are open(EDIT:reopen)

Former Member
Former Member
euroaquatics2016.london/.../ There is are limit for 14000 entries. I have some doubts about this. I think is not a good idea for limit the number of swim people. A better way would be to increase the standard times imo.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    There is somethings new out there: with recent developments with regards to the demand to enter and take part in the Arena European Masters Championships, LEN and the LOC are able to provide the following update on the plans for the Championships and are able to answer many of the questions that have been asked. When will entries close? The LEN Bureau have approved a request for entries for all disciplines at the Championships to close at midnight on Tuesday March 15. This is in order to enable LEN to send the entry list to Federations for confirmation of competitors’ eligibility to compete in the Championships. Once Federations have confirmed eligibility then the approved entries will enable the LEN Masters Committee to draft the detailed competition schedule which will then be communicated in April (dependent on information being received from the National Federations). What is the policy regarding reducing entries from five or four events to three? The LEN Bureau have approved a change to Regulation MA-SW 1.4 for the 2016 Masters Championships in London in order to provide the maximum opportunity for swimmers from across Europe to participate. The Bureau recognise that this will have an impact on many athletes who were perhaps looking to compete in a range of events. This change sets the maximum number of events in swimming at three. Everyone who entered five or four events during the initial entry period will have until March 15 to choose from which events they will now withdraw. Failure to meet this deadline will result in LEN selecting the events to be withdrawn on your behalf. We strongly advise that you choose from which events you will withdraw by March 15 otherwise you may miss out on swimming your preferred events. When will I get my refund for the one or two events I am no longer entered for? Once all entries have been reduced to a maximum of three LEN will issue to the LOC a list of all persons who are to be refunded and the amount to be refunded. The LOC will then work with PayPal to facilitate this as quickly as possible. Please note, if you wish to withdraw completely from the Championships, in line with LEN Regulation MA-G 2.8, the LOC is not able to refund the admin fee or entry fee for any of the events you have entered. Are coach pass es available for the Championships? LEN regulation MA-G 3.1 identifies those personnel entitled to accreditation and as such coaches will not receive any accreditation. When are spectator tickets going to be made available? Seating capacity at the London Aquatics Centre is extremely limited and as a result spectator tickets for accompanying persons will be available but will be very limited in number. Further information regarding spectator tickets will be communicated once entries close and a full review of the competition schedule has been undertaken. The priority is to ensure that athletes entered in the Championships can be accommodated safely and securely in the venue. The LOC and LEN are working with the venue and authorities to ensure that as many people as possible can be accommodated in the venue in line with all safety requirements. How can I watch family or friends if they are racing in the second pool? The LOC have confirmed to LEN that they shall retain the video board used in the elite championships which shall show (via fixed cameras) the racing taking place in the second pool. The LOC is also exploring other solutions to show the event at locations on or near the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park along with catering provision. Further information will be made available in April. Which pool am I going to be swimming in? Once entries close on March 15, LEN will undertake a full review of the competition schedule and communicate in advance of the Championships which events will be taking place in which pool. More information will be made available in April. What facilities exist in the London Aquatics Centre? The London Aquatics Centre has changed considerably since hosting the Olympic and Paralympic Games. It has two 50m pools, with starting block s at both ends and full electronic timing capabilities. One pool has 10 lanes and is 3m deep, the other is 8 lanes and 2m deep. There are separate changing facilities for both pools already in place, in addition overlay which is being installed for the Elite Championship shall be retained for the Masters Championships in order to accommodate the increased entries. The seating capacity at the venue is 2,800 covering one 50m pool and the diving pool (note a curtain will be installed from the roof to create a separate performance space for the diving and synchronised swimming). Is the competition schedule going to change? The competition schedule of the Championships will not be changing. The London Aquatics Centre will open at 6am each day with swimming sessions set to start at 7:30am each day. The venue will close at 10pm each night. Again, further information will be made available in April. Will warm up facilities be provided at the Championships? Due to the increased demand to participate, warm up facilities provide a challenge for LEN and the LOC but some provision will be made available at the Championships and will be communicated once entries close and a full review of the competition has been undertaken. While you will be able to warm up within the London Aquatics Centre in a limited way, please come prepared to supplement this by warming up elsewhere. I am finding it expensive to find accommodation where can I look? The LOC has managed to secure preferential rates at selected hotels, there is a limit to the length of time the LOC can hold these rooms. If you follow the link on the Masters page this will take you straight to the accommodation booking site provided by the LOC supplier. www.len.eu/.../London 2016 EAC - Masters Communication Questions.aspx
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    There is somethings new out there: with recent developments with regards to the demand to enter and take part in the Arena European Masters Championships, LEN and the LOC are able to provide the following update on the plans for the Championships and are able to answer many of the questions that have been asked. When will entries close? The LEN Bureau have approved a request for entries for all disciplines at the Championships to close at midnight on Tuesday March 15. This is in order to enable LEN to send the entry list to Federations for confirmation of competitors’ eligibility to compete in the Championships. Once Federations have confirmed eligibility then the approved entries will enable the LEN Masters Committee to draft the detailed competition schedule which will then be communicated in April (dependent on information being received from the National Federations). What is the policy regarding reducing entries from five or four events to three? The LEN Bureau have approved a change to Regulation MA-SW 1.4 for the 2016 Masters Championships in London in order to provide the maximum opportunity for swimmers from across Europe to participate. The Bureau recognise that this will have an impact on many athletes who were perhaps looking to compete in a range of events. This change sets the maximum number of events in swimming at three. Everyone who entered five or four events during the initial entry period will have until March 15 to choose from which events they will now withdraw. Failure to meet this deadline will result in LEN selecting the events to be withdrawn on your behalf. We strongly advise that you choose from which events you will withdraw by March 15 otherwise you may miss out on swimming your preferred events. When will I get my refund for the one or two events I am no longer entered for? Once all entries have been reduced to a maximum of three LEN will issue to the LOC a list of all persons who are to be refunded and the amount to be refunded. The LOC will then work with PayPal to facilitate this as quickly as possible. Please note, if you wish to withdraw completely from the Championships, in line with LEN Regulation MA-G 2.8, the LOC is not able to refund the admin fee or entry fee for any of the events you have entered. Are coach pass es available for the Championships? LEN regulation MA-G 3.1 identifies those personnel entitled to accreditation and as such coaches will not receive any accreditation. When are spectator tickets going to be made available? Seating capacity at the London Aquatics Centre is extremely limited and as a result spectator tickets for accompanying persons will be available but will be very limited in number. Further information regarding spectator tickets will be communicated once entries close and a full review of the competition schedule has been undertaken. The priority is to ensure that athletes entered in the Championships can be accommodated safely and securely in the venue. The LOC and LEN are working with the venue and authorities to ensure that as many people as possible can be accommodated in the venue in line with all safety requirements. How can I watch family or friends if they are racing in the second pool? The LOC have confirmed to LEN that they shall retain the video board used in the elite championships which shall show (via fixed cameras) the racing taking place in the second pool. The LOC is also exploring other solutions to show the event at locations on or near the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park along with catering provision. Further information will be made available in April. Which pool am I going to be swimming in? Once entries close on March 15, LEN will undertake a full review of the competition schedule and communicate in advance of the Championships which events will be taking place in which pool. More information will be made available in April. What facilities exist in the London Aquatics Centre? The London Aquatics Centre has changed considerably since hosting the Olympic and Paralympic Games. It has two 50m pools, with starting block s at both ends and full electronic timing capabilities. One pool has 10 lanes and is 3m deep, the other is 8 lanes and 2m deep. There are separate changing facilities for both pools already in place, in addition overlay which is being installed for the Elite Championship shall be retained for the Masters Championships in order to accommodate the increased entries. The seating capacity at the venue is 2,800 covering one 50m pool and the diving pool (note a curtain will be installed from the roof to create a separate performance space for the diving and synchronised swimming). Is the competition schedule going to change? The competition schedule of the Championships will not be changing. The London Aquatics Centre will open at 6am each day with swimming sessions set to start at 7:30am each day. The venue will close at 10pm each night. Again, further information will be made available in April. Will warm up facilities be provided at the Championships? Due to the increased demand to participate, warm up facilities provide a challenge for LEN and the LOC but some provision will be made available at the Championships and will be communicated once entries close and a full review of the competition has been undertaken. While you will be able to warm up within the London Aquatics Centre in a limited way, please come prepared to supplement this by warming up elsewhere. I am finding it expensive to find accommodation where can I look? The LOC has managed to secure preferential rates at selected hotels, there is a limit to the length of time the LOC can hold these rooms. If you follow the link on the Masters page this will take you straight to the accommodation booking site provided by the LOC supplier. www.len.eu/.../London 2016 EAC - Masters Communication Questions.aspx
Children
No Data