Entries for European Masters in London are open(EDIT:reopen)

Former Member
Former Member
euroaquatics2016.london/.../ There is are limit for 14000 entries. I have some doubts about this. I think is not a good idea for limit the number of swim people. A better way would be to increase the standard times imo.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I think it will at least spark some debate about what the championship is. The entry times have always been easy, and I think it is good to be inclusive, but when spaces are limited there has to be some kind of way of managing entries. First come, first served means those most connected to social media, to a large degree, because that's how word got round that entries were filling up fast. People are not happy because: They didn't get in and were building their season around it / wanted to challenge etc They got in but their team mates / relay team mates didn't so don't have relay teams They got in but the competition is devalued They didn't get in and had booked accommodation - only option was to book in advance of entries They didn't get in and had booked travel Basically, I think the only swimmers that are happy are the people that think the medal validates the performance, rather than the other way round, and are now in a better position then they would have been.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I think it will at least spark some debate about what the championship is. The entry times have always been easy, and I think it is good to be inclusive, but when spaces are limited there has to be some kind of way of managing entries. First come, first served means those most connected to social media, to a large degree, because that's how word got round that entries were filling up fast. People are not happy because: They didn't get in and were building their season around it / wanted to challenge etc They got in but their team mates / relay team mates didn't so don't have relay teams They got in but the competition is devalued They didn't get in and had booked accommodation - only option was to book in advance of entries They didn't get in and had booked travel Basically, I think the only swimmers that are happy are the people that think the medal validates the performance, rather than the other way round, and are now in a better position then they would have been.
Children
No Data