race disputes

Just curious if anyone has ever disputed their race time with officials. I spoke with an official on deck this morning & she stood firm on her position that what was posted on the results sheet is true & correct. I didn't press it because I really didn't know what questions to ask or what if anything I could look at to see how they arrived at the time. In my 100 back, my time came up on the reader board somewhat delayed I thought. My friend swimming 2 lanes down saw me come in several seconds after she did which would have made my time about 4 seconds faster than what was displayed & would have approximated how I was seeded. My split time for the 2nd 50 was really slow & just doesn't jive with how I swim this race. (My split times for 100's are historically closely matched & I felt strong thruout this race). I do have issues hitting the pad hard in backstroke, since I can't see where the wall is & don't want to hurt my hand. My split times by the way: 39.22, 43.84. For me, these splits represent dying on the 2nd 50 after going out too fast; this was definitely not the case. This was a good meet for me; I bettered 3 out of 4 times & felt strong & prepared. I am a newby to Masters & if I'm all wet, I'll move on. There are many more races to be swum! I am thankful for any feedback.
Parents
  • go ask the backup timers what the times were as to the posted time. In any case unless you are going for a "Q " time for state or Nationals you will have other times to compare this to. Yes - back stroke can be hard to get to the pad on the finish, I suspect this might be the case.
  • go ask the backup timers what the times were as to the posted time. In any case unless you are going for a "Q " time for state or Nationals you will have other times to compare this to. Yes - back stroke can be hard to get to the pad on the finish, I suspect this might be the case.
Children
No Data