race disputes

Just curious if anyone has ever disputed their race time with officials. I spoke with an official on deck this morning & she stood firm on her position that what was posted on the results sheet is true & correct. I didn't press it because I really didn't know what questions to ask or what if anything I could look at to see how they arrived at the time. In my 100 back, my time came up on the reader board somewhat delayed I thought. My friend swimming 2 lanes down saw me come in several seconds after she did which would have made my time about 4 seconds faster than what was displayed & would have approximated how I was seeded. My split time for the 2nd 50 was really slow & just doesn't jive with how I swim this race. (My split times for 100's are historically closely matched & I felt strong thruout this race). I do have issues hitting the pad hard in backstroke, since I can't see where the wall is & don't want to hurt my hand. My split times by the way: 39.22, 43.84. For me, these splits represent dying on the 2nd 50 after going out too fast; this was definitely not the case. This was a good meet for me; I bettered 3 out of 4 times & felt strong & prepared. I am a newby to Masters & if I'm all wet, I'll move on. There are many more races to be swum! I am thankful for any feedback.
Parents
  • Never heard of anyone disputing results. Usually DQ is the case for dispute. In case of dispute you should not argue with meet officials - usually meet invitation describes the official disputing procedure. Furthermore, usually it's not for free, so if you dispute anything you'd better have some evidences like video of your distance.
  • Never heard of anyone disputing results. Usually DQ is the case for dispute. In case of dispute you should not argue with meet officials - usually meet invitation describes the official disputing procedure. Furthermore, usually it's not for free, so if you dispute anything you'd better have some evidences like video of your distance.
Children
No Data