Breathing less

Former Member
Former Member
What type of training (sets) are good for helping to breathe less? I am trying to improve my times in the 50s (free and fly) and know that I am a lot faster with breathing less. I don't have a masters team nearby to seek out help. What are some good sets that would help me with this? (I currently breathe about 5 times and would like to get that down to 2-3).
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    And... for safety sake, since you don't swim with a team... make sure there is someone else at the pool that understands what you are doing so they can keep an eye on you as you push your no-breathing to your limit. That is my concern. I don't want to do anything stupid. Thanks for the advice Like jrb, 25 nb's work good for me too Practice 50's from the block breathing 4 times at a speed you are comfy at. Once you can go all-out with 4, try 3 and so forth. If you continue to swim faster with less breaths, try eliminating another to see what happens. It might also be a good idea to practice breathing in good form while swimming afap on restricted breaths. I've had faster swims with 2 or even 3 breaths because the one breath taken in the 50 was in such desperate need that I broke streamline taking it. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    And... for safety sake, since you don't swim with a team... make sure there is someone else at the pool that understands what you are doing so they can keep an eye on you as you push your no-breathing to your limit. That is my concern. I don't want to do anything stupid. Thanks for the advice Like jrb, 25 nb's work good for me too Practice 50's from the block breathing 4 times at a speed you are comfy at. Once you can go all-out with 4, try 3 and so forth. If you continue to swim faster with less breaths, try eliminating another to see what happens. It might also be a good idea to practice breathing in good form while swimming afap on restricted breaths. I've had faster swims with 2 or even 3 breaths because the one breath taken in the 50 was in such desperate need that I broke streamline taking it. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Children
No Data