Breathing less

Former Member
Former Member
What type of training (sets) are good for helping to breathe less? I am trying to improve my times in the 50s (free and fly) and know that I am a lot faster with breathing less. I don't have a masters team nearby to seek out help. What are some good sets that would help me with this? (I currently breathe about 5 times and would like to get that down to 2-3).
Parents
  • What I like is to swim 25s all out (afap) with no breath. I rest 5 minutes or more between each (it takes me that long to catch my breath). Also I think its better at the beginning of the workout while you're fresh rather than at the end when you're worn out. Another thing that I think is very important is to plan out how many breaths you want to take in a race and when (or where) the breaths will be and then practice exactly that a lot so that when you get in the race and everything is happening fast your breaths will come naturally right when and where you want them without having to think about it. Sincerely, John R Beattie
  • What I like is to swim 25s all out (afap) with no breath. I rest 5 minutes or more between each (it takes me that long to catch my breath). Also I think its better at the beginning of the workout while you're fresh rather than at the end when you're worn out. Another thing that I think is very important is to plan out how many breaths you want to take in a race and when (or where) the breaths will be and then practice exactly that a lot so that when you get in the race and everything is happening fast your breaths will come naturally right when and where you want them without having to think about it. Sincerely, John R Beattie
Children
No Data