Medically mandated week off from swimming... tips?

Hey all, Have to have a skin cancer removed (nothing serious--basal cell) tomorrow, and the doctor says no swimming for a week. He says running is okay, though, which I plan to do. But I'm wondering if you have other tips on dryland stuff I can do in the meantime. The affected area is my arm, but I don't see that as a huge problem--though the doctor might restrict weight/strength training involving arm movements. Have to check w/ him about that. What are your thoughts on this? I'm fortunate in that I enjoy running, so at least I won't be totally driven batty by the week lay-off. Thanks for your suggestions!
Parents
  • Hey thanks, Orca and Flystorms! Had a moment of utter panic when nurse and resident told me I'd have to stop swimming for a month. The head Dr said I could even swim with the sutures as long as I waited 3 days, used liquid bandage, and waterproof bandage on top of that. So some swimming during the wknd was OKed, but he wants me to hold off on push-ups or plank. I have to go back Tuesday, same deal. So many have worse things. I have to keep my perspective. .... but I was at least relieved that the Dr understood. Sometimes it's hard for med staff to get that some patients are moving targets, not gonna sit on couches until we're pronounced cured. I'll check out orangetheoryfitness.com. I live in the Philly area, and I haven't heard of them, but hopefully I'll find them. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • Hey thanks, Orca and Flystorms! Had a moment of utter panic when nurse and resident told me I'd have to stop swimming for a month. The head Dr said I could even swim with the sutures as long as I waited 3 days, used liquid bandage, and waterproof bandage on top of that. So some swimming during the wknd was OKed, but he wants me to hold off on push-ups or plank. I have to go back Tuesday, same deal. So many have worse things. I have to keep my perspective. .... but I was at least relieved that the Dr understood. Sometimes it's hard for med staff to get that some patients are moving targets, not gonna sit on couches until we're pronounced cured. I'll check out orangetheoryfitness.com. I live in the Philly area, and I haven't heard of them, but hopefully I'll find them. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Children
No Data