Medically mandated week off from swimming... tips?

Hey all, Have to have a skin cancer removed (nothing serious--basal cell) tomorrow, and the doctor says no swimming for a week. He says running is okay, though, which I plan to do. But I'm wondering if you have other tips on dryland stuff I can do in the meantime. The affected area is my arm, but I don't see that as a huge problem--though the doctor might restrict weight/strength training involving arm movements. Have to check w/ him about that. What are your thoughts on this? I'm fortunate in that I enjoy running, so at least I won't be totally driven batty by the week lay-off. Thanks for your suggestions!
Parents
  • Let's see --- planks -front -side and back. then try TRX any of 30 different modes. Push ups from knee and full. bicep curls with wts. or bags with cans in it. squats with same bag of cans down to a chair and up to tip toes . run in place during any tv commercial. Let me know if this is a reality for you. I did this type of stuff when after my 5th hip operation , I could not swim for 4 months. I know it sounds hinnky, but this all adds up!
  • Let's see --- planks -front -side and back. then try TRX any of 30 different modes. Push ups from knee and full. bicep curls with wts. or bags with cans in it. squats with same bag of cans down to a chair and up to tip toes . run in place during any tv commercial. Let me know if this is a reality for you. I did this type of stuff when after my 5th hip operation , I could not swim for 4 months. I know it sounds hinnky, but this all adds up!
Children
No Data