Dry Fingers

Former Member
Former Member
I like swimming every day, but my thumbs are getting dried out around the nails. I thought that neoprene gloves or swimming mits might relieve the dryness. Any tips on what to do?
Parents
  • George -- I only swim 2-3 times per week and I still get the dry hands, and painful cracks around my thumbnails. I don't think it's so much related to swimming as it is just the cold, dry conditions in winter. I think any kind of moisturizer will help, but my experience is that you have to use it frequently...multiple times daily. And I still get the cracks. And when they're painful enough...I just put a small dab of superglue on it. Dan
  • George -- I only swim 2-3 times per week and I still get the dry hands, and painful cracks around my thumbnails. I don't think it's so much related to swimming as it is just the cold, dry conditions in winter. I think any kind of moisturizer will help, but my experience is that you have to use it frequently...multiple times daily. And I still get the cracks. And when they're painful enough...I just put a small dab of superglue on it. Dan
Children
No Data