If you swam in college

Former Member
Former Member
My granddaughter has several colleges interested in her. She is very excited, however, there is a naysayer in the family. Every time my granddaughter brings up the subject in his presence he makes comments like, "Swimming isn't your life," or "It is a waste of time because it won't get you a job." If she says, "What if I want to be a swim coach?" He says, "Sounds like a hobby, not a job." My question, what doors did swimming for a college/university open for you after graduation?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I can't begin to thank you for all this support! My eyes are watering. And the link to the article in fortune was great. I'm passing this along to my granddaughters mother for the naysayer. As a little side note she has her first official offer. Unfortunately it isn't from the school she is most interested in. But, she is excited and I couldn't be more happy for her. Hopefully, there will be more offers coming. Thanks everyone. This community is the greatest and says so much about swimmers.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I can't begin to thank you for all this support! My eyes are watering. And the link to the article in fortune was great. I'm passing this along to my granddaughters mother for the naysayer. As a little side note she has her first official offer. Unfortunately it isn't from the school she is most interested in. But, she is excited and I couldn't be more happy for her. Hopefully, there will be more offers coming. Thanks everyone. This community is the greatest and says so much about swimmers.
Children
No Data