If you swam in college

Former Member
Former Member
My granddaughter has several colleges interested in her. She is very excited, however, there is a naysayer in the family. Every time my granddaughter brings up the subject in his presence he makes comments like, "Swimming isn't your life," or "It is a waste of time because it won't get you a job." If she says, "What if I want to be a swim coach?" He says, "Sounds like a hobby, not a job." My question, what doors did swimming for a college/university open for you after graduation?
Parents
  • Someone - maybe it was Albert Einstein - once said "Great spirits are often troubled by mediocre minds." The naysayer is just that. Perhaps less. I agree wholeheartedly with Mr. Brundage, as well as the research he sited. I suggest that you advise your grand daughter to follow her own path and to read the Alchemist if she has not already done so. Thank you very much.
  • Someone - maybe it was Albert Einstein - once said "Great spirits are often troubled by mediocre minds." The naysayer is just that. Perhaps less. I agree wholeheartedly with Mr. Brundage, as well as the research he sited. I suggest that you advise your grand daughter to follow her own path and to read the Alchemist if she has not already done so. Thank you very much.
Children
No Data