If you swam in college

Former Member
Former Member
My granddaughter has several colleges interested in her. She is very excited, however, there is a naysayer in the family. Every time my granddaughter brings up the subject in his presence he makes comments like, "Swimming isn't your life," or "It is a waste of time because it won't get you a job." If she says, "What if I want to be a swim coach?" He says, "Sounds like a hobby, not a job." My question, what doors did swimming for a college/university open for you after graduation?
Parents
  • @laineybug Sounds to me like you're the matriarch of the family. Pull rank and tell the naysayer to shut his trap. :D More seriously, search Google for "swimmers have better grades" and chase down some of the references. I'm sure they will overlap heavily with what everyone else has written, but there might be some new angles.
  • @laineybug Sounds to me like you're the matriarch of the family. Pull rank and tell the naysayer to shut his trap. :D More seriously, search Google for "swimmers have better grades" and chase down some of the references. I'm sure they will overlap heavily with what everyone else has written, but there might be some new angles.
Children
No Data