Dropping Time in the 100 ***

Former Member
Former Member
Hey any help is appreciated. I currently go a 1:12:52 in my 100 *** and am trying to make make state cut which is about a 1:04. There's only 5 weeks left before sectionals and I was wondering first of all if you think if this is possible and second of all if it is what suggestions would you have to drop time. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    It is a big drop, but it really does depend on so many things. I think that 5 weeks is also a short time frame. Variables that you could work on include: Rest & taper - not sure where you are in your training, but this can be worth a few seconds alone Starts and turns - most people I know could gain a lot here - really work on them every time (as per Allen's instructions) Power - This is longer-term thing Technique - streamlining on each stroke will also help to counter any timing issues that you may have. I saw a good video that you might find that is based on treating each stroke as it is the last one in the length (as if you were reaching for the wall) Speed - you can do some work here - developing your basic speed with short duration sprints (i.e.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    It is a big drop, but it really does depend on so many things. I think that 5 weeks is also a short time frame. Variables that you could work on include: Rest & taper - not sure where you are in your training, but this can be worth a few seconds alone Starts and turns - most people I know could gain a lot here - really work on them every time (as per Allen's instructions) Power - This is longer-term thing Technique - streamlining on each stroke will also help to counter any timing issues that you may have. I saw a good video that you might find that is based on treating each stroke as it is the last one in the length (as if you were reaching for the wall) Speed - you can do some work here - developing your basic speed with short duration sprints (i.e.
Children
No Data