4 year break flip turns make me nauseous

Former Member
Former Member
Hey all ive been coaching on and off over the past 10 years. I used to always get in and help my swimmers in the water by doing drills with them, showing them turns and stuff. Recently ive been away from swimming for about 4 years. I just got back into the pool the other day to work on turns, but the weirdest thing happens whenever i flip or even open turn (like a fast open turn). Ill do my flip but it will make my head start spinning. I feel it entirely in my head, ill do the flip, get dizzy and my head will tingle a little bit. Its actually really scary and i only did a couple turns the first day. Yesterday i went a little more intense and did about 15 turns, the last few felt a little better but now im feeling a little nauseous in bed. Im not sure with all of the research in concussions and symptoms but is this something that i should be able to work through and keep doing, or should I not swim until i can get it figured out? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Parents
  • You could just be starting to come down with something, if it happens more than a couple days in a row, I would be more concerned. No harm in getting checked out by your doctor. I've found if I flip and rotate to my right the same thing happens - I have diagnosed Eustachian tube dysfunction in my right ear. So between the lack of turning that way and the residual sinus pressure, it makes my head spin. This is something that never happened before the dysfunction developed 2 years ago. But I had WAY more problems than flip turns to clue me into getting checked. That wasn't even on my radar. But if you're stuffy, you might get wobbly.
  • You could just be starting to come down with something, if it happens more than a couple days in a row, I would be more concerned. No harm in getting checked out by your doctor. I've found if I flip and rotate to my right the same thing happens - I have diagnosed Eustachian tube dysfunction in my right ear. So between the lack of turning that way and the residual sinus pressure, it makes my head spin. This is something that never happened before the dysfunction developed 2 years ago. But I had WAY more problems than flip turns to clue me into getting checked. That wasn't even on my radar. But if you're stuffy, you might get wobbly.
Children
No Data