4 year break flip turns make me nauseous

Former Member
Former Member
Hey all ive been coaching on and off over the past 10 years. I used to always get in and help my swimmers in the water by doing drills with them, showing them turns and stuff. Recently ive been away from swimming for about 4 years. I just got back into the pool the other day to work on turns, but the weirdest thing happens whenever i flip or even open turn (like a fast open turn). Ill do my flip but it will make my head start spinning. I feel it entirely in my head, ill do the flip, get dizzy and my head will tingle a little bit. Its actually really scary and i only did a couple turns the first day. Yesterday i went a little more intense and did about 15 turns, the last few felt a little better but now im feeling a little nauseous in bed. Im not sure with all of the research in concussions and symptoms but is this something that i should be able to work through and keep doing, or should I not swim until i can get it figured out? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Parents
  • I'm not a doctor, but the best advice is to see a doctor so you know for sure what you are dealing with. I could be way off, but your post sounded similar to this one; forums.usms.org/showthread.php Again, I'm not a doctor and only a visit to one can accurately diagnose your issue.
  • I'm not a doctor, but the best advice is to see a doctor so you know for sure what you are dealing with. I could be way off, but your post sounded similar to this one; forums.usms.org/showthread.php Again, I'm not a doctor and only a visit to one can accurately diagnose your issue.
Children
No Data