Kickboard question

Former Member
Former Member
I have been trying to get back into lap swimming after many years off. I've just been doing the kickboard to start off. I do freestyle kick and breaststroke kick and aim for a mile. It takes me about 42 minutes. The pool I use is short (44 laps=mile). Is this a good time for a mile only kicking?? I feel like I'm going so slow. I'm going to get goggles so I can start adding arms next week.
Parents
  • Also, what is the purpose of fins? I see a really good swimmer at my pool use them but why? You certainly shouldn't view fins as an essential piece of equipment. I think they can be (for some of the reasons steve mentioned), but lots of people also use them as a crutch to make up for having a poor kick.
  • Also, what is the purpose of fins? I see a really good swimmer at my pool use them but why? You certainly shouldn't view fins as an essential piece of equipment. I think they can be (for some of the reasons steve mentioned), but lots of people also use them as a crutch to make up for having a poor kick.
Children
No Data