Kickboard question

Former Member
Former Member
I have been trying to get back into lap swimming after many years off. I've just been doing the kickboard to start off. I do freestyle kick and breaststroke kick and aim for a mile. It takes me about 42 minutes. The pool I use is short (44 laps=mile). Is this a good time for a mile only kicking?? I feel like I'm going so slow. I'm going to get goggles so I can start adding arms next week.
Parents
  • I use them for (1) stroke drills, they add propulsion and help maintain target form with less energy. (2) They assist with efficiency, streamline, and body position while swimming at race pace speeds. (3) They give the shoulders a break during fly. My meet times improved following incorporating fins to my training, not a coincidence. However, my favorite use for them is swimming in Caribbean. In fact I should be there now
  • I use them for (1) stroke drills, they add propulsion and help maintain target form with less energy. (2) They assist with efficiency, streamline, and body position while swimming at race pace speeds. (3) They give the shoulders a break during fly. My meet times improved following incorporating fins to my training, not a coincidence. However, my favorite use for them is swimming in Caribbean. In fact I should be there now
Children
No Data